Study terms for foreign students, as part of academic partnerships
Students at the École des Arts Déco's partner schools are given priority for study at the School. Foreign students are generally admitted into the 4th year, for one semester. They have access to the School's creative-expression studios.
Exceptions may be made to the length of the term of study, which may be extended by one semester upon recommendation by the Dean of Studies and the department coordinator.
Decisions to admit candidates are made by the teaching teams of each department of the School. Selection for the two semesters takes place only once per year.
The school does not award a university diploma. However, foreign students studying at the School can receive a certificate for ECTS credits obtained.
Students accepted for a study term must take French courses.
How to apply for a study term
1) Applications must be sent to the Head of International Relations by the directors of the partner schools.
Foreign candidates who pass the competitive entrance examination shall go through the same enrolment procedures as French students. Students from partner schools are exempt from tuition fees but must ensure they are enrolled in the school of their home country. Registration in the École des Arts Déco then follows a schedule proposed to the students who are admitted.
2) The application file must be submitted before May 15, 2019, to the Head of International Relations.
The application file must include the following documents:
• The completed request form for admission as a foreign student in an academic exchange. It must specify the department requested for 4th-year study.
• A letter of motivation, written in French.
• A CV.
• An artistic portfolio consisting of approximately 20 works, in the form of photographs, drawings, video and works of visual expression.
Be carefull of your portfolio's size (not bigger than 5Mo).
Applications will not be returned to the candidates.
3. Registration in the École des Arts Déco then follows a schedule proposed to the students admitted to this exchange program. Follow-up and enrolment procedures will be announced at a later date.
Foreign students will find all the information they need for their stay in Paris in the "Overseas Student's Handbook." Information on apartment rental, visas, and more, is available in this handbook, which is only sent to students accepted for a study term.